Why Choose Us?
With so many air conditioning & refrigeration companies offering their services, you may need help in deciding which company is best for you. Below are a few reasons why you should choose R Perkins and Sons, backed up by real testimonials from a small selection of our customers.
A Stable & Reputable Company
- We are a local business based in the historical Smithfield’s Meat Market, which we have been servicing for over 25 years.
- We are a family run business with a proud tradition of servicing, maintaining and installing refrigeration and air conditioning equipment. This tradition spans over 25 years, with over 100 years of combined technical expertise.
- We are very proud that a high number of our customers take the time to personally recommend our products and services.
Excellent Service & Reliability
- We firmly believe in offering our customers value for money and competitive pricing to enable businesses of any size to benefit from our various services available.
- We pride ourselves on the quality of our customer service. Every product is backed up by an Account Manager who assists you to ensure you receive the service and results you expect.
- "Once a customer; always a customer.” We have our own in-house fully trained and manned service department which offers peace of mind, knowing that that the company that supplied and installed your system, can help you keep it regularly maintained, and are on hand if any problems do occur.
Fully Trained Engineers
- All of our engineers are fully City & Guilds qualified and fully F Gas registered and trained, many having served full 5 industry apprenticeships. Giving us over 100 years of knowledge and expertise in our chosen field and of course, not forgetting our friendly office support team.
- We are fully insured including public liability insurance up to £5,000,000.00
- No job is too big or small for us! We install everything from single split air conditioning units to multiple VRV air conditioning systems and full turn key energy efficient solutions.
What Customers Have Said
"My experience with R. Perkins has to be second to none, as they are one of the most professional contractors I’ve worked with. The service we get from them in general is excellent, and I find working with their engineers, as well as their office-based staff an absolute pleasure.
I cannot fault them, and would recommend their service to any NHS Trust or business requiring AC or refrigeration services."
Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
"R Perkins has maintained our refrigeration for well over 20 years. They provide a 24 hour, 365 days a year service. It is good that we know the management and the engineers on a one to one basis. They provide a first class service. As all the products we sell are perishable with limited shelf life it is imperative that our refrigeration is always in top class working order. Perkins makes sure it is. In addition to refrigeration maintenance they also cover electrical and some general maintenance within our units. I would have no hesitation in recommending Perkins to a potential customer."
Derek Berry (Director)
J F Edwards Group
"Thank you for the service you have provided us over the last 20 years, you have always been efficient and effective. I have always found your staff in the office and your engineers to be helpful and willing to assist in any manner they can."
Paul, Head of Estates
NHS Foundation Trust
"I would like to take this opportunity to thank your team of workers that installed our air conditioning. The lads worked very well with our team and were polite and courteous at all times."
Angela, Office Manager
Mental Health NHS Trust
"Thank you to you and your team for the successful installation of our new air con unit, we are very pleased."
Debbie, Office Manager
Property Services W1
"Reasonably priced and provided an estimate the following day for further work. Very efficient."
Guru, Company Owner
Bar & Restaurant SE1
"Professional and friendly engineer. I would recommend R Perkins & Sons to anyone looking for a quick and efficient reasonably priced service."
Lee, Company Owner
"I was really very impressed with your engineer; he was polite and courteous and knew exactly what he was doing."
Graham, Company Owner
Photography Studio W3